Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I was broken, for a long time...but it's over now.

The blog title is from a song called I Was Broken, by Marcus Foster. I am including the lyrics, plus a link to a recording of the song.


http://aimini.net/view/?fid=G2CYin213HYYiudAMWYh

I Was Broken – Lyrics by Marcus Foster

I was tied, but now unbound
My head is off the ground
For a long time I was so weary
Tired of the sound, I've heard before,
The gnawing of the night time at the door,
Haunted by the things I've made
Stuck between the burning light and the dust shade.
I said now I used to think the past was dead and gone,
But I was wrong, so wrong, whatever makes you blind
Must make you strong, make you strong,
In my time I've melted into many forms
From the day that I was born, I know that there's no place to hide
Stuck between the burning shade and the fading light,
I was broken, For a long time, but It's over now.

Yes and you, and you,
well you walk these lonely streets that people send, People send.
There are some wounds that just can't mend, I do pretend, pretend,
I am free from all the things that take my friends
But I will stand hear till the end, I know that I can take the moon,
In between the burning shade and the fading light
I was broken, for a long time, but It's over now
I was broken, for a long time, but It's over now

The reason I am including this song in my blog today, is because I love it. A story of a person who has been to that place they couldn't get away from for a long time...and was stuck there. I felt that way for years. Maybe not totally broken, but definitely not whole. What I love the most this song , is the lyrics that have such feelings of pain, and then when you think it can't get any worse there is the line BUT IT'S OVER NOW...

I truly believe that I am slowly putting my struggle with weight behind me. And as I shed the pounds I feel like I'm discovering pieces of myself again. For the first time in my life, having the strength to make this transformation makes me feel whole again.

I was broken, for a long time, but it's over now.
I feel whole, joyous, and free of all the road blocks standing in my way. It's such a great feeling. I don't ever remember being this happy with myself.

1 comment:

  1. I am so, so happy for you, Jen. See, like I said, The Birth of Venus.

    ReplyDelete