Friday, August 7, 2009

Goal Jeans


This past Christmas I was shopping for some clothes that fit. I was really at a stage where I was in between sizes, and nothing fit right. A size 20 was comfortable, but hung a little loose, and an 18 was tight and really emphasized my muffin top. It all depended on the cut and style of the jean.

After looking on the sales rack I found a pair of wide legged dark jeans and really fell in love with them. They looked roomy, and professional for work. I took the 20's and went to the fitting room, and tried them on, but they were too big. I was swimming in them. I walked to the rack, and they didn't have an 18, but had a 16. I sighed. I knew the 18 would have fit. For some reason, on that wintry day I picked up the 16's and took them to the dressing room. I put them on, and was surprised that I could do them up. They were tight. My muffin top looked more like a tire, but I wasn't sad. I looked at the price, and they were on sale for only 10 bucks. I told myself I would buy them, and with a little hard work, I would be able to fit into them.

Today as my husband told me I was really thinning out, I was reminded about those jeans that have been sitting in the back of my closet all these months. I searched for them, and today I tried them on.

They fit like a glove. No muffin top, no bagginess.

I walked out of the bedroom modelling the pants, and my husband whistled, and said, "you must be proud of yourself." And I really was. I have been working really hard on my dream of a healthier me.

I made a good investment at the time of buying the jeans at a great price, but an even better investment in myself. Even though the jeans were only a small goal, I feel very proud of my accomplishments so far, and even inspired my husband who today made a goal to lose 10 pounds.

What a triumphant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment